A Day at a Time is an essential recovery tool for compulsive gamblers, with daily reflections and prayers that offer hope, support, and guidance throughout the year.
By C r a i g N a k k e n
- OCTOBER 2 Reflection for the DayAn entire philosophy of life is condensed in the slogan Live and Let Live. First we’re urged to live fully, richly, and happily—to fulfill
- OCTOBER 1 Reflection for the DayWe can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely. We can be all by ourselves and still feel happy and content.
- SEPTEMBER 30 Reflection for the DayNo matter what other people do or don’t do, for ourselves we have to remain abstinent from gambling. When our program of
- SEPTEMBER 29 Reflection for the DayIn our first weeks or months in Gamblers Anonymous, our shaky emotional condition sometimes affects our feelings toward old friends and family.
- SEPTEMBER 28 Reflection for the DayNow that we’re free from our compulsion to gamble, and living life one day at a time, we can begin to stop
“A Day at a Time” by Craig Nakken is a powerful book centered around addiction recovery. Nakken, a renowned therapist and addiction specialist, provides a compassionate and insightful guide for individuals seeking to overcome addiction.
The book emphasizes the importance of taking recovery one day at a time, recognizing that each day presents an opportunity for growth and progress. Nakken emphasizes that recovery is a lifelong journey. The book encourages readers to focus on the present moment rather than becoming overwhelmed by the prospect of long-term sobriety.
Nakken delves into the psychological and emotional aspects of addiction, offering valuable insights into the underlying causes and triggers. He explores the concept of self-awareness, urging readers to confront their patterns of behavior and thought.
The book also delves into the role of relationships in the recovery process. Nakken highlights the significance of building a support network and establishing boundaries with individuals who may be detrimental to one’s sobriety. He stresses the importance of seeking out positive influences and fostering connections that nurture personal growth.
Overall, “A Day at a Time” is a compassionate and comprehensive resource for those on the path to recovery. Nakken’s expertise and empathetic approach provide readers with valuable tools and perspectives to navigate the complexities of addiction and find hope in each new day.